Our client, a London-based contemporary fine jewellery brand, internationally renowned for its cutting-edge design, traditional craftsmanship and responsibly sourced jewellery, is looking for their next PR Manager. This position is responsible for the creation of media releases, forging and maintain relationships with journalists and ensuring all PR opportunities are maximized. Management of PR activity for a Luxury Jewellery Brand on a fixed term basis, implementing the PR and media strategy, building the brands reputation and ensuring effective media coverage.
Maternity cover (9-12 months)
Loan Allocation and Product Placement
- Identify opportunities for product placement and features.
- Handle all requests for editorial and celebrity dressing - liaising with Merchandising, Logistics and Retail teams to locate and pull stock.
- Conduct appointments with editors, stylists, celebrities and VIP's to loan product.
- Use SAP to process all loans - accepting stock into PR location, generating consignments and then subsequently returning stock into PR location, then Retail / Head Office.
- Arrange security guards to accompany high value pieces to photo shoots and where necessary personally deliver and collect the pieces from shoots, magazines and celebrities.
- Identify editors / influencers / celebrities and organise the gifting in the lead up to a launch.
- Liaise with the design team to understand the inspiration behind new collections in order to compose and distribute press releases (new ad campaigns, awards, collaborations, Couture days, press days etc).
- Respond to requests from UK and ROW journalists for high res imagery, press releases and subsequent credit information.
- Work with Marketing to put together seasonal look books – identify trends, press-worthy pieces and circulate to fashion desks.
- Pitch new collections and news stories to long lead, short lead and online publications in line with PR strategy.
- Generate and distribute media alerts for celebrity dressing to appropriate media.
- Collate and maintain up to date press lists (short lead, long lead, online, celebrity, trade and international).
- Build and maintain relationships with editors and stylists; sharing with them brand news and collections relevant for their publication (desk side appointments, breakfast/lunch meetings etc.)
- Maintain valuable relationships with sponsors, suppliers and brand partners
- Manage special projects with charities and brand collaborations from inception to launch
Event Organisation and Management
- Organise press days and press launch events, VIP events and assist with Retail/Marketing events;
- Pulling available samples, organising props, catering, flowers, gifts, venue, alcohol sponsor, invitations, stock, goody bags, visual merchandising, entertainment and photographer.
- Distribute invitations and manage guest list as well as bring potential partners on board, following up with journalists to confirm their attendance then conducting appointments on the day.
- Post event press outreach.
- Actively drive PR strategy in the US, working with the NY office to facilitate loans.
- Manage the US celebrity dressing agency; liaising with Merchandising and the NY office to ensure they have a consistent assortment of product, specifically around key times such as awards season.
- Research US editors and publications to ensure relevant outreach.
- Secure appointments with US journalists for Couture tradeshow, conducting appointments to promote new collections and following up on any leads after the show.
- Manage interview and filming requests; setting up telephone interviews, face to face interviews and answering Q&A's.
- Manage the PR budget.
- Work closely with Marketing team to plan and execute the marketing calendar; ensuring social / e-com / marketing / PR all aligns to support product launches.
- Conduct bi-weekly calls with IHPR to establish challenges and successes and any support required.
- Evaluate all press coverage generated globally to produce quarterly reports for the board pack.
- Handle charity requests for donations.
- Recruit and manage PR interns.
- Manage subscriptions for PR resources: Gorkana / Fashion Monitor.
Required Education, Skills and Qualification
- Proven track record of success in a PR Manager role within the luxury industry.
- A proactive and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Ability to spot unique branding opportunities.
- Events planning and execution experience
- Strong creative writing skills
- Experience building relationships with media and fashion press, and pitching editorial features to a high standard.
- Budget management experience
- Strong IT and Excel skills.
- Exceptional eye for detail.