Financial Controller - Marketing Sector
This Financial Controller role is to support the Communications and Marketing division via business controlling and management of all financial aspects related to the brand.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the completion of monthly management and financial reporting, for planning (quarterly re budgeting process) and analysis of information for the Communications and Marketing department.
They will review and challenge the business via financial analysis and assessment and drive informed decision making.
- Lead and co-ordinate the global Communications and Marketing teams budget process – sales and costs.
- Own and manage the budget on an ongoing basis and challenge variances via business partnering the global Communications and Marketing teams.
- Work with senior management and controlling teams across the different regions and business units to define and establish new cost allocation structures for Communications and Marketing teams.
- Develop consolidated monthly management reporting for Communications and Marketing global departments, liaising with the Finance and Administration team to accurately capture department costs through SAP system.
- Develop and complete variation analysis for global Communications and Marketing comparing actuals to prior periods and budget / forecast.
- Work closely with Head of F&A and VP Communications and Marketing to ensure global Communications and Marketing team performance is aligned with business unit parameters.
- Highlight key financial developments and performance, to further facilitate the financial and strategic review process with the Head of Global F&A and VP Communications and Marketing.
- Develop financial and non-financial KPIs for reporting and analysis across department.
- Further develop and enhance existing management reporting templates and implement new management reporting according to business needs, including variance commentary.
- Support Head of Global F&A and VP Communications and Marketing in the preparation of supporting documents for Executive Board and Shareholder Group in relation to global Communications and Marketing department.
- Format management reporting into PowerPoint presentations used at Executive Board level.
- Coordinate with regional Communications and Marketing departments and teams to ensure their forecasts reflect projections.
- Analyse the impact of actual costs versus plan for changes in FX rates.
- Provide regular and ad-hoc financial analysis for specific projects and cost elements as requested by Core Management Team member, Corporate Controlling and others.
key results areas (KRA)
- Quality and accuracy of management reporting and financial analysis including recommendations
- Timely compliance with Group-wide reporting deadlines and statutory reporting deadlines
- Cooperation and relationships with F&A, Corporate Controlling and key regional contacts
- Quality, management and results of special project assignments
- To act as the gate keeper between teams in Communication and Marketing, Head of Global F&A and regional teams.
- Finance and Controlling experience – within Retail / Luxury/FMCG would be particularly beneficial
- Degree level educated or equivalent.
- Holds a professional accountancy qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Excellent MS office skills particularly Excel and Powerpoint
- Excels in a fast paced, dynamic corporate environment
- Experience working across multi-currency reporting structures
- Financial & Management reporting and analysis experience (3-year minimum).
- Ability to deal and communicate with non-finance professionals.
- Working knowledge of accounting and reporting systems – principally SAP, and associated management information / database systems highly beneficial.
- Organised, conscientious and able to work in detail and in a thorough manner, yet prioritise effectively and work to deadlines.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – the role involves regular interaction with the Core Management Team in the UK and in the regions.
- Pro-active, in terms of organising daily work flows, identifying and appreciating priorities and recommending enhancements to current administrative procedures.
- Results orientated / strong problem-solving skills.
- Computer literate – Advanced Excel and Intermediate PowerPoint skills would be highly beneficial, as would a working knowledge of SAP.
- Professional and confident, with a willingness to develop and contribute in all areas of the F&A Function.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment with changing business needs
- Strong stakeholder management skills
Job Start Date:
Job Duration: Ongoing
Job Location: London, UK
Job Industry: IT Finance