- Execute strategy plan and provide continuous strategic direction from a financial perspective
- Lead the budgeting process and engage department heads in continuous re-forecasting of the business
- Regular meetings with each department to assess the performance and correct the business action
- Monthly review of management accounts ensuring all variances are investigated, highlighting business risk scenarios, opportunities and focusing on the impact on the business
- Create robust cash flow forecasting models and monitor the variances regularly
- Manage business working capital in junction of cash flow management and business cash needs requirements
- Development of strong management reporting tools, standards, and processes
- Ensure effective controls are in place and compliance with regulatory legislation for financial tax reporting
- Manage relationships with external stakeholders, including banks, insurance companies, HMRC and auditors
- Continuously benchmark competitors and perform market analysis to identify industry best practises and translate them into the business
Qualifications and experience
The ideal candidate will be a CIMA/ACCA/ACA finalist or qualified with 2-3 years PQE experience and have prior knowledge of all aspects of bookkeeping in the UK and be confident in financial management. The candidate must also have no less then 5 years’ experience within fashion industry, preferably luxury womenswear brands.
The candidate should:
- Have excellent inter-personal skills and be self-motivated.
- Be organised and able to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision and under pressure.
- Have strong written and oral communication skills.