Responsible for leading the Production team (4+ people) and overseeing the entire Production process across 4 RTW collections per year plus additional capsules, bridal, and bespoke orders. Reporting into the CEO and Commercial Director, the Head of Production will also work closely with the Finance Director and Head of Product Development (previously the Head of Production & Product Development).
•Oversee and deliver 4 ready-to-wear collections per year, in addition to exclusives and bespoke orders across both bridal and ready-to-wear.
• Manage the Production team in London ( currently 2 Production Managers & 2 Production Coordinators) and ensure that the department runs efficiently.
• Constantly review and implement new processes and structure to improve quality, lead-times and deliveries.
• Manage seasonal critical path for Production, from grading and post-market pattern work through to final warehouse deliveries.
• Manage and update seasonal range plan and fabric grid for Production.
• Work with CEO and Finance team to set the Production budget, create seasonal forecasts for fabric and factory costs, and preorder RAW materials where required.
• Manage and present end-of-seasonal analysis of Production in terms of suppliers, costs and sales.
• Oversee supplier relationships to ensure all suppliers meet and maintain delivery, quality and margin expectations.
• Support the Production Managers where required in negotiating production payment terms, prices, quantities and delivery dates. Ensure that costing and margin targets are met across the department each season.
• Regular visit factories with Production Managers to ensure production is running smoothly. Solve issues efficiently in a timely manner to maintain confirmed delivery dates. .
• Source new factories and/or suppliers where required, both in the UK and abroad.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
·Experience managing small to medium sized Production and quality control teams.
·Experience managing, training and developing existing and new staff.
·Experience working on both a CMT and fully factored basis with factories.
·Basic understanding of patterns and grading
·Knowledge and skills in Adobe suite, Microsoft Excel, and ideally experience with Zedonk.
·8+ years of experience in a Production role, preferably in luxury womenswear
·Ability to self-motivate with efficient time-management and prioritization skills and to meet deadlines
·Ability to work well under pressure and across all levels of seniority
·Strong interpersonal skills with solid written and verbal skills
·Must be hands on! Travel essential.